Thursday, January 27, 2011

Australian Women's Weekly 'More Cakes For Kids'
Image courtesy of Australian Women's Weekly

We've just had a birthday celebration in our house and as usual in preparation I asked the guest of honour what sort of cake they'd like on their big day. After a few ummm's and much thought, the birthday boy requested an ice cream cake. I have to admit I was a little stumped, not because the ice cream cake request had actually come from the biggest kiddie in our house  (my 38 year old husband) but because I didn't have any recipes for cakes involving ice cream . It wasn't until I stumbled across a display in Borders that I saw the latest 'More Cakes For Kids' book from the Australian Women's Weekly. Inside this fantastic book are 70 recipes and cake creations that are just gorgeous for little people and luckily they even have a recipe or two for ice cream cakes!
Image from LilyBel Studio
So, on the big day I set about making the giant 'chocolate chip cookie ice cream cake' that I found in this book and it went down a treat not only with the birthday boy himself, but also with our 3 year old twin girls who 'helped' me put it all together and then 'helped' daddy demolish it. I highly recommend this book for lots of inspiration in the birthday cake department...I wonder what the birthday boy will request for his 39th birthday next year, a train, a dinosaur or a racing car??

No comments:

Post a Comment