Sunday, December 26, 2010

Part Two

Chocolate fudge Ladybug cupcakes

For the cupcakes I used a chocolate fudge recipe and baked half the batch in black shiny foil cupcake cases and the other half in red shiny foil cases. For the icing I needed a true white colour so, I made a buttercream icing using crisco and no colour butter flavouring. I swirled the buttercream icing on to each cupcake, sprinkled on white shimmer dust and decorated them with sugar ladybugs and red and black fondant flowers I'd made with the silicone blossom mould. To finish I placed a 'Ladybug Hug' cupcake topper from our range into each cupcake.
Can you tell I've got a serious sweet tooth??, I know I've only shared photos of some of the sweet goodies from the food table and not the savoury...but life's too short for savoury!
Personalized miniature lemonade bottles
I personalized a small bottle of lemonade for each little guest, using 'belli bands' in the red and white polka dot paper (these will be available at LilyBel Studio soon!) and added a cute wooden ladybug by their names. The gorgeous red and white paper drinking straws (these will also be available very soon at LilyBel Studio in a wide range of colours) were tied to the bottles using red and black satin ribbons. The bottles were really easy and quick to put together and looked great lined up on the party table, I don't think I've seen little people so excited over a drink before!
Tissue blossoms
For room decor I added red, black and white tissue blossoms from our range. I hung these from the ceiling in groups of the 3 colours in small, medium and large and as they are hung with thin, transparent nylon they looked like they were 'floating' and were super pretty.
Tissue blossom pots
 I also used the tissue blossoms to create flower blossom pots by placing the small and medium sized tissue blossoms on top of red and black jelly pails, which are also available at LilyBel Studio. I finished these off by putting little wooden ladybugs through the blossoms and placed the flower pots throughout the party room on tables...they looked pretty cute and fitted our 'Ladybug Hug' theme perfectly!
Ladybug themed balloons from LilyBel Studio
I helium filled a range of our balloons including the red and black polka dot, red and white polka dot, the large foil ladybug and plain red, black and white balloons. These I grouped together and had coming out of the centre of the flower pots mentioned above, as well as floating freely on the ceiling with pretty long lengths of curling ribbon attached to them. All our balloons come with co ordinating 1 metre lengths of curling ribbon, so you don't have to run around finding curling ribbon to match.
Little guest's goody bags
 So, when the party was coming to an end I had these cute goody bags ready to give to each little guest as they left. I used the glossy black and red party bags from our range and attached our 'Ladybug Hug' tags to the bags, with mini pegs decorated with wooden ladybugs...super simple but very effective!.

Ladybug Hug party tags from LilyBel Studio
Once the last goody bag had been handed out and everyone had left I collapsed with a double shot flat white (I'm also a caffeine addict) and a left over brownie...bliss!!




No comments:

Post a Comment